Why we view Roxy Jacenko so differently to Zoe Foster Blake.

Why we view Roxy Jacenko so differently to Zoe Foster Blake.

Why we view Roxy Jacenko so differently to Zoe Foster Blake.
While one woman is sunkissed and holding her darling toddler's hand on the cover of Elle, the other is papped wiping pig's blood from the walls of her office after yet another vandal attack. One explanation why that's the case is both befuddling and sobering.

Rachael Parkes
Rachael Parkes 6 days ago

Seriously? You're turning the likeability of a female down to their husband?
Quite simply put (and this is just my opinion and point of view), Roxy is not a likeable person. She is not endearing. She portrays herself as extremely self absorbed and arrogant. It has nothing to do with her husband (ugh), or the fact that these qualities are also how she needs to be to run her business or whatever. Its simply her. As a person. Harsh but true. And sometimes thats just how it is. We dont have to like everyone.
And on the Zoe hand. She comes across as extremely likeable. Shes funny and down to earth.

Louise Jones
Louise Jones 6 days ago

Rubbish! Nothing to do with their husbands. Zoe is down to earth and humble. Roxy comes across as someone who just loves ‘expensive stuff’. ‘Look at what I have’, ‘look at what I can afford’, ‘look at what just got given to me’ in just about every Instagram post she makes 🙄 Nothing humble about that woman at all! Not to mention exposing her children and teaching them to become all about stuff and money too. Poles apart are these two women.

Meg Rowan
Meg Rowan 6 days ago

I don't know who either of these women are, but I do know mm gives them a platform to spruik their insta-crap lives . I don't get the obsession with these false idols - why worship someone for the sneakers they where & the latest food trend going round? . Our brains are collectively shrinking , and we've turned motherhood into the most ridiculous platform of sexism and seeking acceptance by praising outfits and lunchboxes put together for toddlers by otherwise ordinary women who take photos of it & post to social media. Why? Just fucking why?

Shauna McCann
Shauna McCann 6 days ago

Nothing to do with her husband, Roxy comes across as a plastic mean girl and sells her kids online whereas Zoe makes jokes about her children and their behaviour while adding some advertising in

Alana Woods
Alana Woods 6 days ago

I don’t get the point about Katie Holmes... does the author like her more with or without Tom Cruise? ... and how effing ridiculous to even say that!

P.s I don’t judge any of these women by their husbands... Roxy is painful with or without a husband.

Regina Anne
Regina Anne 6 days ago

Wow! When did we become a society who knows or cares how much a woman's shoes cost, or at what event the woman wears them at? When did we woman start to judge each other based on their spouse? This is a horrendous article outling the superficial success of two females who have nothing more in common then age, they married high profile men and the fact that their "success" is due to the media.
But no, the media isn't to blame for low self esteem in teenage girls...,

Annika Pedersen
Annika Pedersen 6 days ago

I like them both. Not sure about ZFB but RJ's Sweaty Beatty PR business employs a number of people and she had also continued to work while fighting cancer.

Channel NewsAsia Sat, 01/20/2018 - 07:40

Commentary: What you get if you drink the Kool-Aid of social media marketing

channelnewsasia.com
The Ministry of Finance's move to tap on social media influencers for #SGBudget2018 has drawn the attention of Singaporeans online. It's an episode we can all learn from, says Channel NewsAsia's Lin Suling.
The Sydney Morning Herald Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:40

Senate Democrats block funding bill, US government shuts down

"It's the most basic duty of Congress to keep our government running."
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:39

Delta Air Lines Tightens Rules for Service and Support Animals

nytimes.com
More untrained animals are being brought onto planes, where they urinate, defecate, bark, growl, lunge and exhibit other behavior uncommon among companions that are properly taught.
The Chicago Sun-Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:39

US government shuts down; Dems, GOP blame each other

chicago.suntimes.com
US government shuts down; Dems, GOP blame each other - http://bit.ly/2DnGpCr
Mamamia Sat, 01/20/2018 - 05:45

Isabella was addicted to ice. Two bright pink lines saved her life.

mamamia.com.au
“My mother was so sick from not knowing if each time she hugged me would be the last. They would cry. They would beg, but as long as I had meth, I didn’t care one bit," the young mum tells Mamamia. Then she took a pregnancy test.
Mamamia Sat, 01/20/2018 - 03:47

The quiet, searing pain of having one of your best friends move far away from you.

mamamia.com.au
"Yesterday, one of my best friends in the whole world jumped on a plane and set up camp and soon, a life, in a world where I don’t directly exist. A world where her local coffee shop won’t be one I’ve ever been, her home one I drop by in...
Mamamia Sat, 01/20/2018 - 03:38

"In living the healthiest life possible, I was actually feeding my body its own poison."

mamamia.com.au
Most women have never heard of salicylate intolerance, but if you have been putting up with these symptoms - it might be the answer you've been searching for.
Mamamia Fri, 01/19/2018 - 23:28

This is what happens to the human body when playing tennis in 69-degree heat.

mamamia.com.au
For two consecutive days in a row the temperature of the Australian Open tennis courts has neared 70 degrees. Yesterday, French player Gael Monfils warned an umpire he was on the verge of collapse.
Mamamia Fri, 01/19/2018 - 09:32

The sobering story behind why a dog died helplessly in a hot car in Perth this week.

mamamia.com.au
Speaking to media, the owner of the dog said: "What else, what more? How much more can I take?"
Mamamia Fri, 01/19/2018 - 05:48

Sorry folks, but we've all been pronouncing the name 'Caitlin' the wrong way.

mamamia.com.au
And it's not only 'Caitlin'. There are about a dozen popular names of Irish origin we are saying wrong - but an expert is here to set us straight.
Mamamia Fri, 01/19/2018 - 05:47

'As I sat on the beach, a man sat himself on my towel. What unfolded left me baffled.'

mamamia.com.au
"Hi," he said to me, refusing to leave. "I am just going to sit here."What's your strategy for telling someone to leave?
Mamamia Thu, 01/18/2018 - 12:48

Jack was at a friend's house when he realised not every family has a 'poop knife'.

mamamia.com.au
"It was an old rusty kitchen knife that hung on a nail, and it was normal to walk through the hallway and have someone call out 'hey, can you get me the poop knife'?"
Mamamia Thu, 01/18/2018 - 12:14

A Sydney father thought he'd dropped his son off at daycare. He'd left him in the car.

mamamia.com.au
"I thought I had dropped him off and I went straight to work."
Mamamia Thu, 01/18/2018 - 09:27

Aunts of 13 children shackled by their parents reveal years of secrecy, disturbing behaviour.

mamamia.com.au
One aunt says the Turpin father would watch her in the shower when she stayed with them. She said she was terrified, but he acted like it was a "joke".Here's everything you need to know about the Turpin family case.