Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson, 89, dies

Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson, 89, dies

Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson, 89, dies
Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson, who was widely regarded as the voice of college football by several generations, died late Friday night. He was 89.

Corey Blayne
Corey Blayne 6 days ago

RIP Keith. This is a sad day for college football fans everywhere. I’ll never forget my favorite call from you.. the end of the 2005 national championship game.
“Looking for the cornerrr.... He’s got it! Vince. Young. Scores.”

Thank you for being part of many college football fans memories, including mine. See ya up there one day.

Luis Vasquez
Luis Vasquez 6 days ago

Wow. Rest in peace. So much of my youth was spent playing NCAA football video games and you were the voice of it not only virtually but in real life

David Krescent
David Krescent 6 days ago

One of the great voices of my youth. A great job announcing so many Pac-10 and bowl games. Part of the reason why I am such a big College Football fan. RIP Mr. Jackson, thoughts and prayers to your family, friends, and colleagues.

Lucas McFadden
Lucas McFadden 6 days ago

Rip Mr. Jackson,. My absolute favorite call in sports was his call of the Miracle at Michigan. This lifelong CU Buffs fans will never forget that call. Thank you sir for your brilliance. It was an absolute pleasure listening to Keith Jackson call college football. Will never be another.

Richard DeBow
Richard DeBow 6 days ago

Voice of my early childhood experience with college football.

I don't want to cast aspersions, but, I almost get the impression that Chris "Rumbling, Bumbling, Stumbling" Berman somewhat modeled his announcing style after Keith Jackson's.

Mark Wisnewski
Mark Wisnewski 6 days ago

You knew it was getting time for Keith is when they brought him on for a segment on the Rose Bowl last year and he couldn't even keep up with the broadcasters. It was so sad to watch that and you knew it was getting close for him. At least he was able to live a long life.

Brian Gregory Phillips
Brian Gregory Phillips 6 days ago

I remember him calling some DAWGS games back in the early 80s....some in Athens......... an some down in Jacksonville........R.I.P.....MAY YOUR SPIRIT AN VOICE SPREAD THROUGHOUT .......

Johnny Mahute
Johnny Mahute 6 days ago

The best! After enlisting and serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, he attended Washington State University in Pullman under the G.I. Bill. Jackson began as a political science major, but he became interested in broadcasting. He graduated in 1954 with a degree in speech communications.

Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson 6 days ago

I remember watch him on Saturday afternoons at 1pm in the late 80's and 90's/ I didn't care who was on. I love listening to him, that way he would draw certain words out. Like Al... A... Bama It was even more special when he did Washington Husky Football. I still wished he was doing game. What an Icon.

Michael Brennan
Michael Brennan 6 days ago

Notre Dame-USC, Oklahoma-Nebraska, Ohio State-Michigan, Alabama-Auburn, Penn State-Pittsburgh, Texas-Texas A&M, USC-UCLA, Notre Dame-Penn State those are the rivalry games I remember most because Keith Jackson did them all! So sad to hear of a legends passing! God Bless his family!

I fucking love science Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:05

Plants Respond To Anesthetics Just Like We Do

iflscience.com
In case you're not quite grasping how insane this is: plants do not have nervous systems. This is utterly, utterly bizarre.
ABC7 News Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:01

Before reshoots, Williams still paid fraction of Wahlberg's salary

abc7news.com
Even before the reshoot of "All the Money in the World," Mark Wahlberg was reportedly paid eight times as much as co-star Michelle Williams.
I fucking love science Sat, 01/20/2018 - 05:50

Could “Glow In The Dark” Plants One Day Replace Street Lights?

iflscience.com
These plants are straight out of Avatar.
I fucking love science Sat, 01/20/2018 - 05:24

Whether You’re A Lover Or A Hater Of Cilantro Could Be In Your DNA

iflscience.com
"Sorry, Mom. I'd like to try this food, but I'm genetically predisposed to hate it".
SportsCenter Sat, 01/20/2018 - 03:08

Roy Halladay autopsy reveals traces of drugs

espn.com
There is yet to be an identified cause for the plane crash that took Halladay's life.
SportsCenter Fri, 01/19/2018 - 17:07

Woj: Hornets open to trading Kemba Walker

espn.com
The Charlotte Hornets are hopeful that the inclusion of Walker in a potential trade could help bring back a good, young player or a first-round pick, sources told Adrian Wojnarowski.
SportsCenter Fri, 01/19/2018 - 17:06

Yasmany Tomas charged with criminal speeding

espn.com
The Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder was clocked going over 100 mph and was pulled over around 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
SportsCenter Fri, 01/19/2018 - 16:06

Jordyn Wieber testifies: 'I am a victim of Larry Nassar'

espn.com
Former Olympic gold medalist Jordyn Wieber delivered a victim impact statement Friday morning in the case involving Larry Nassar.
SportsCenter Fri, 01/19/2018 - 15:08

NHL stands behind pick of Kid Rock as All-Star Game performer

espn.com
The NHL said it's aware of the backlash, but that the decision to hire him was based on his entertainment value and history as a hockey fan.
SportsCenter Fri, 01/19/2018 - 05:13

Hoyer 'ready to go' as Brady deals with hand injury

espn.com
A source says Tom Brady "should be OK," but just in case, Brian Hoyer is ready to step up for the New England Patriots.
SportsCenter Fri, 01/19/2018 - 01:25

Vikings fans donate more than $150,000 to Saints punter Thomas Morstead's charity

espn.com
The donations were made out of respect for the way Morstead played through broken ribs in Sunday's game.