A Beginner’s Guide to Backing Up All of Your Photos

A Beginner’s Guide to Backing Up All of Your Photos

A Beginner’s Guide to Backing Up All of Your Photos
If you’re snapping away without a backup plan for your photos, beware: In an instant, you could lose them all, forever.

Leow Wei Yi
Leow Wei Yi 6 days ago

I make it a point to print photos maybe once a year. Given the rate media have gone obsolete in recent years - film, magnetic tape, floppies, CD-ROMS - it makes sense to have the shots you really want in a format that's readily viewable without the need for electricity or processing.

Peter Nault
Peter Nault 6 days ago

I put all my pics on facebook, instagram and twitter. But I am not naive to the fact that I didnt build this construct, I am only a guest who can be booted at any moment, much like life itself. The pictures, thoughts and ideas cant be viewed as my property or I'd go insane whenever the ones in control decide to take it all for themselves. I accept how powerless I am and i am trying to grapple with the futility of effort in a world that was built for someone else long ago to benefit a lineage that I do not beling to.

Emily O'Gorman
Emily O'Gorman 6 days ago

Michael O'Gorman I was thinking about this the other day (not sure why). We should make sure all the pictures on our desktop computer are backed up.

Lauren Kovach
Lauren Kovach 6 days ago

Jessica I think it was you who just asked about this? I need to read this too! Ok go back to laying in the sun 😒 (jealous)

Barry Hoffman
Barry Hoffman 6 days ago

Why don't they release all the stuff that was on tv (especially from the 1970s to 1990s) so people can download it for a reasonable price ($2 or $3 a video) there's a lot of stuff I saw on tv in the past (when I was a kid or teen, or 20's etc) which I'd like to see again but its not available (even on youtube), it sucks the way they only release a handful of things usually you see they just release a little stuff (usually only about a handful of "BIG Name" celebrities (and show that over and over and over and over and over again) but nothing else, they should release everything that was on tv from the 70s to the 90s and let people download anything they want to see again for a reasonable fee ($2 or $3 for a video).

USA TODAY Sat, 01/20/2018 - 07:42

The federal government has shut down. It may be a while before you notice.

usatoday.com
Key government functions — such as national security operations and law enforcement work — remain up and running.
TODAY Sat, 01/20/2018 - 07:33

Sentence reduced for casino cheat after appeal

todayonline.com
Vladislav Logachev and two other men had used smartphones to record the playing patterns of slot machines before using high-tech tools to predict when high payouts were made in casinos at Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa. Logachev acted as the team leader of a Russian syndicate that operated...
New York Daily News Sat, 01/20/2018 - 07:22

Twin sisters found dead in Brooklyn after flood prompts probe

nydailynews.com
A flood in a Brooklyn building led authorities to a pair of twin sisters found dead in their apartment.
The Dallas Morning News Sat, 01/20/2018 - 07:21

Hurts Donut has made Tide laundry pod doughnuts, capitalizing on a dangerous viral trend

guidelive.com
Nobody should be sticking Tide laundry pods in their mouths. Full stop. But since some young people are, Hurts Donut in Frisco wants to encourage them to eat doughnuts styled after Tide pods instead.They'll be available Friday night and Saturday.
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 07:15

I.O.C. Clears Nearly 400 Russians to Compete in Winter Games

nytimes.com
Breaking News: Despite declaring Russia barred from the Winter Games, Olympic officials have cleared a path for hundreds of its athletes to compete.
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:39

Delta Air Lines Tightens Rules for Service and Support Animals

nytimes.com
More untrained animals are being brought onto planes, where they urinate, defecate, bark, growl, lunge and exhibit other behavior uncommon among companions that are properly taught.
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 06:03

Young Women Are Using A.D.H.D. Drugs in Greater Numbers, C.D.C. Reports

nytimes.com
More young and middle-aged women are using A.D.H.D. drugs — a lot more.
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 05:19

What Will Happen if the Government Shuts Down

nytimes.com
Will you still get your mail?
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 04:44

As the Shutdown Loomed, Trump Reached Out to Schumer

nytimes.com
Without giving his staff almost any heads-up, Trump placed a call to the senator he once called “Cryin’ Chuck.”
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 04:09

How Every Senator Voted on the Government Shutdown

nytimes.com
See how your senator voted on a spending bill that would prevent a government shutdown.
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 03:39

Live Count: The Senate Vote on the Shutdown

nytimes.com
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 03:01
The New York Times Sat, 01/20/2018 - 02:21

For Love of Country, and Each Other

nytimes.com
He remembered thinking, “this guy has a lot of guts, and he’s kind of cute, too.” (And both, now active-duty Apache helicopter pilots, were in the Army.)
View more 1923 likes - 197 shares - 5 comments