Twice I've shared something from this page today.
Once about the environment. (Something we tories apparently dont care about)And once about the living wage increase this year. Helping the lowest earning people in the country. (Something else we dont care about because we are all 60 year old millionaires right?)
Well done that PM!
Great. Now please do something about immigration - which is why Brexit was voted in, creating an enormous furore. Stop ignoring it, hoping it will just go away.
This post is a about microplastics.. can't anyone stick to the topic? There will and are many other posts about other political issues.Micro-plastic are consumed by filter feeders, filter feeders are the base of food chains, we are the few at the top of the food chain. We indirectly eat what they do. Plastics and the related chemicals are found in fish, the fish we eat too.It's a campaign pushed by SCIENTISTS and MARINE BIOLOGISTS who understand the problem. For once ignore politics, this is about the future of us and the planet,
What a deflection.
Theresa May's shambolic cabinet reshuffle:
1. Starts off by promoting the wrong person (the spectacularly inept Chris Grayling) to party chairman, then hastily rescinds the appointment!
2. Appoints the intended person (Brandon Lewis) to party chairman, but then has to hastily delete all the social media posts announcing the appointment because of a glaring spelling error!
3. Leaves the three incompetent and dishonest Brexiteer charlatans (Boris Johnson, Liam Fox, David Davis) in position because any attempt to remove them would cause a rebellion by the highly secretive hard-right Tory Brexiteer cabal (European Research Group) who dictate Theresa May's every move on Brexit.
4. Tries to remove the loathed Jeremy Hunt as Health Secretary, but he's unwilling to quit, and May is too weak to force him out, so she ends up simply renaming the health ministry instead!
5. Greg Clark also refuses to be forced out of his role as Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, so he stays. Who is actually in charge of this government?
6. Promotes the hapless Claire Perry to minister of state at the department for business, energy and industrial strategy. Who better to help oversee Britain's industrial strategy than a woman so economically illiterate that she claimed that a debt and a deficit are "the same thing"!
7. Appointing David Gauke as Lord Chancellor/Justice Secretary makes him the fifth person to hold the role since 2015 (including the shockingly incompetent Chris Grayling). Five different ministers in the space of three years just goes to show how much contempt the Tories have for the legal system.
8. Allowing the serial failure Chris Grayling to remain as transport minister (despite the latest scandal over his £multi-billion bailout of the Virgin/Stagecoach franchise on the East Coast Mainline) is yet another demonstration of the abject contempt the Tories have towards public transport and public transport users too.
9. Trying to move one of the only vaguely competent Tory ministers (Justine Greening) from education to the DWP results in failure as Greening quits government altogether, leaving Theresa May scrambling to find someone else to do the job. How come the male cabinet ministers get to keep their jobs if they refuse to do as Theresa May wants, but Justine Greening doesn't?
10. Replacing Greening with Damian Hinds is an almost inexplicable move. The only possible explanation for this is that it's a sop to the hard-right of the Tory party who want another member of the Oxford PPE old boys club in government, rather than the socially liberal and progressive (by Tory standards at least) Justine Greening.
11. Scrabbling around for someone to take up the DWP role that Justine Greening refused, May decides on the grotesque figure of Esther McVey. McVey is a vile compassionless woman who was booted out of Wirral West by the electorate in 2015 only to be handed the Tory safe seat of Tatton and a ticket back into government in 2017. The appointment of Iain Duncan Smith's callous henchwoman to destroy the lives of the most vulnerable people in society is a clear statement that Theresa May is determined to form the nastiest and most regressive cabinet Britain has suffered ever since universal suffrage.
The incredible thing about this shambolic reshuffle was that it was billed as Theresa May's big chance to win some positive headlines and reassert some authority over the Tory party, but she's ended up overseeing an absolute farce and demonstrating that she's so weak that she lets her incompetent ministers talk her out of sacking them, but she sacks one of her only vaguely competent ministers because that's what her hard-right puppet masters wanted.
Just like with her vanity election last year, May has taken a fairly neutral situation and turned it to her own disadvantage. Her capacity for directionless incompetence is extraordinary.
Huge step in the right direction so every little helps, now let's sort out the huge amount of plastic packaging that a massive problem. let's make our oceans and seas healthy and clean again
It amazes me you boast about your environmental policies when your leader is in favour of foxes being torn apart by packs of dogs and elephants having their faces sawn off with chainsaws.
Despite Toby Young's disgraceful views on disadvantaged and disabled people, Mrs May backed his promotion...........showing her true views..........and the Conservatives !! Have some self respect Mrs May resign !!
I love how everything the tories post about on here it's always classed a "deflection trying to distract us from the true problems yada yada" by the left. but maybe it's actually just a post about banning microbeads? Maybe they can focus on both this and your problems? Who knows..
Good news. Now can you PLEASE ban non-recyclable plastic such as plastic film and get retailers to impose returns incentives on plastic bottles and cans? I work in conservation management looking after some beautiful areas of the UK countryside and the stuff is everywhere. Government ministers need to come out and have a look at the state of things. Radical solutions are needed. Now!!
Well done, that's a huge step in the right direction, please keep up the 'Green' momentum with degradable packaging where ever possible with the same rules for imported goods.