Bride-to-be fatally shot by Minneapolis police officer after calling 911

Bride-to-be fatally shot by Minneapolis police officer after calling 911 source: chicagotribune.com
Details about what led a Minneapolis police officer to fatally shoot an Australian woman over the weekend remain unclear.
Published: Mon, 07/17/2017 - 19:01 7 likes - 18 shares - 6 comments
Chicago Tribune Thu, 07/27/2017 - 15:47

COMMENTARY: Trump's argument against transgender soldiers echoes one used against gays, women and blacks

chicagotribune.com
President Trump said having transgender people in the military would be a "disruption." That sounds too familiar, a Washington Post columnist says.
The Citizen News Thu, 07/27/2017 - 15:44

Malema buys Zwelithini four pregnant cows and a bull for his birthday

citizen.co.za
The EFF spent an hour in the palace with the king.
Times LIVE Thu, 07/27/2017 - 14:42

Malema's birthday gift to king Zwelithini

timeslive.co.za
What gifts do you buy the Zulu monarch on his birthday?
Chicago Tribune Thu, 07/27/2017 - 15:47

chicagotribune.com
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 22:58

COLUMN: Trump's ban on transgender people in the military is un-American

chicagotribune.com
For the president of the United States to single out certain Americans for obvious discrimination is an affront to our democratic values, writes columnist Dahleen Glanton.
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 22:18

Shoulder-baring yearbook photo reignites debate on high school dress codes

chicagotribune.com
"I have spent a good majority of my life wondering why exactly women's shoulders are so offensive," 17-year-old Maine South student Grace Goble said.
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 21:32

iPhone-maker Foxconn to open plant in southeast Wisconsin

chicagotribune.com
The plant could employ as many as 10,000 people.
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 17:54

COLUMN: If I had a Boy Scout, I'd tell him this about President Trump's Jamboree speech

chicagotribune.com
Boy Scouts should be cautious of the underlying message in President Trump’s address, columnist Heidi Stevens says.
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 16:05

Opinion: Donald Trump's abnormal behavior

chicagotribune.com
Columnist Rex Huppke: The president using an unnecessarily detailed and gruesome story to intentionally dehumanize an entire group of people is not normal. The president turning the annual Boy Scout Jamboree into a political rally and festival of self-adulation is not normal. The president publicly humiliating the attorney general instead...
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 15:37

Trump tweets he will bar transgender individuals from U.S. armed forces

chicagotribune.com
The Pentagon has refused to release any data on the number of transgender troops currently serving, but a study by the RAND Corporation found that there are between 2,500 and 7,000 transgender service members in the active duty military, and another 1,500 to 4,000 in the reserves.
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 12:58

Senators on hot mic: Trump is 'crazy,' 'I'm worried'

chicagotribune.com
"I think — I think he's crazy. I mean, I don't say that lightly ..."
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 03:37

COMMENTARY: Can millennials afford a future in Illinois?

chicagotribune.com
"I love this state. I was born here. I grew up here. I went to college here. I got my first post-college job here. I want to stay here. But I'm afraid it will cost me too much."
Chicago Tribune Wed, 07/26/2017 - 00:39

Justice Department rules intensify crackdown on sanctuary cities such as Chicago

chicagotribune.com
The Justice Department escalated its promised crackdown on sanctuary cities today.