The Coalition has snookered itself, again | Sean Kelly

The Coalition has snookered itself, again | Sean Kelly

The Coalition has snookered itself, again | Sean Kelly
SEAN KELLY:
This week began with Fairfax papers reporting on terrible focus groups for Turnbull, with the consensus being that he was a “big let down”. Does anyone in the country think better of the prime minister after the past week?

Shane Banvolgyi
Shane Banvolgyi 2 months ago

Sorry to point out the obvious but dolphins could probably do as good a job as the LNP right now and for the last few years.

Dan Moroney
Dan Moroney 2 months ago

Turnball could have achieved one of the great political moments in Australian history with this, he would have had to destroy his prime ministership and probably split the liberal party, but it would have put him in the history books as a major event, rather than relegating his prime ministership to being a blip in Aussie history that will barely be remembered.

Imagine he stood up for what he believed in, stared down the conservatives that have always had a knife ready for his back anyway, and called for a free vote. It would have been a momentous occasion, his party would be split and government lost, but marriage equality would have been achieved. He could have gone down with a major acheivement of human rights. It would have been recorded as well as the whitlam dismissal and feature in every Australian history class for decades, even centuries.

Instead the spineless worm chose to kowtow to the people that will knife him as soon as possible anyway, and proven himself an absolute dud.

Jan Neilen
Jan Neilen 2 months ago

They haven't made one decision that has benefited us. Incompetent ideology, failing to comprehend the needs of the public. It's been a disaster ever since Abbott.

Bruce Baker
Bruce Baker 2 months ago

Interesting Abbott is leading the No vote.
Shorten the Yes
Malcolm staying Neutral.
If it is finally decided one way or another, Turnbull is hoping that's one less nail in the coalitions coffin.

Glen O'Brien
Glen O'Brien 2 months ago

He has shown through his backflips and policy reversals that he never really stood for anything & it has always has been about Malcolm saying whatever he can to get and keep the top job. Like them or loathe them at least you knew what Hawke, Keating & Howard stood for and they governed accordingly.

Margaret Freeburn
Margaret Freeburn 2 months ago

I don't think I could think better of that man if my life depended on it... he has gone downhill at a rate of knots as far as I am concerned

Terry Stephens
Terry Stephens 2 months ago

Turnbull' spineless handling of the same-sex marriage issue is yet another unmitigated disaster for our country. No leadership, beholden to interest factions within the liberal party. 💩💩💩💩

nzherald.co.nz Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:48

Jacinda Ardern talks tough on fair access for Kiwis in Australia

nzherald.co.nz
NZ PM in waiting says if Australia restricts Kiwis from university, she may do the same.
Global Citizen Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:44

This European Country Will Fine Men for Harassing Women in Public

www.globalcitizen.org
Hey catcalling. Bye bye forever.
Daily Mail Australia Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:39

Claims Karl Stefanovic wouldn't have agreed to a pay cut for Lisa Wilkinson

dailymail.co.uk
'As their partnership was always strictly professional'
cricket.com.au Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:33

Warner regretful over Ashes comments

David Warner has addressed the comments that caused a stir last weekend.
The Sydney Morning Herald Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:10

Witness in a sex abuse case was paid to remain silent

For the wealthy Exclusive Brethren church, leaving it to the courts and to prayer was not enough. They also talked with their wallets. They resorted to bribery.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 10/22/2017 - 04:03

Behind closed doors at the energy briefing: a rocky start to Turnbull's energy pitch

Another Turnbull fizza. Can this mob get anything right?
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 23:16
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 12:17

Nats won’t be court out over Barnaby

Baa Baa Barnaby is making preparations for his much anticipated and expected removal from parliament and with good cause too.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 04:00

“Shocking” “disturbing”: Australian Government slammed for its cruelty to refugees at UN hearing

hrlc.org.au
The strong rebuke comes just two days after Australia was handed a seat on the UN Human Rights Council and just one day after the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) delivered an extraordinary statement warning of an “imminent humanitarian crisis” and a "looming humanitarian emergency" on Manus Island.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 21:10
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 12:08
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 08:35

Household savings figures in Turnbull's energy policy look rubbery

theconversation.com
Even as Turnbull unveiled the policy, the rubbery nature of the household savings became apparent, writes Michelle Grattan.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 03:28
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:00

Australia’s “chronic non-compliance” “completely off the charts” says UN

hrlc.org.au
The Liberals are dragging Australia backwards.