The Coalition has snookered itself, again | Sean Kelly

The Coalition has snookered itself, again | Sean Kelly

The Coalition has snookered itself, again | Sean Kelly
SEAN KELLY:
This week began with Fairfax papers reporting on terrible focus groups for Turnbull, with the consensus being that he was a “big let down”. Does anyone in the country think better of the prime minister after the past week?

Shane Banvolgyi
Shane Banvolgyi 4 months ago

Sorry to point out the obvious but dolphins could probably do as good a job as the LNP right now and for the last few years.

Dan Moroney
Dan Moroney 4 months ago

Turnball could have achieved one of the great political moments in Australian history with this, he would have had to destroy his prime ministership and probably split the liberal party, but it would have put him in the history books as a major event, rather than relegating his prime ministership to being a blip in Aussie history that will barely be remembered.

Imagine he stood up for what he believed in, stared down the conservatives that have always had a knife ready for his back anyway, and called for a free vote. It would have been a momentous occasion, his party would be split and government lost, but marriage equality would have been achieved. He could have gone down with a major acheivement of human rights. It would have been recorded as well as the whitlam dismissal and feature in every Australian history class for decades, even centuries.

Instead the spineless worm chose to kowtow to the people that will knife him as soon as possible anyway, and proven himself an absolute dud.

Jan Neilen
Jan Neilen 4 months ago

They haven't made one decision that has benefited us. Incompetent ideology, failing to comprehend the needs of the public. It's been a disaster ever since Abbott.

Bruce Baker
Bruce Baker 4 months ago

Interesting Abbott is leading the No vote.
Shorten the Yes
Malcolm staying Neutral.
If it is finally decided one way or another, Turnbull is hoping that's one less nail in the coalitions coffin.

Glen O'Brien
Glen O'Brien 4 months ago

He has shown through his backflips and policy reversals that he never really stood for anything & it has always has been about Malcolm saying whatever he can to get and keep the top job. Like them or loathe them at least you knew what Hawke, Keating & Howard stood for and they governed accordingly.

Margaret Freeburn
Margaret Freeburn 4 months ago

I don't think I could think better of that man if my life depended on it... he has gone downhill at a rate of knots as far as I am concerned

Terry Stephens
Terry Stephens 4 months ago

Turnbull' spineless handling of the same-sex marriage issue is yet another unmitigated disaster for our country. No leadership, beholden to interest factions within the liberal party. 💩💩💩💩

Global Citizen Mon, 12/18/2017 - 14:07
Wales Rugby Online Mon, 12/18/2017 - 14:01

Northampton Saints to approach Wales coach Warren Gatland

walesonline.co.uk
It looks like he's about to be offered the chance to walk away from the Wales job now.
Washington Post Mon, 12/18/2017 - 13:45

Opinion | How China got a U.S. senator to do its political bidding

washingtonpost.com
"In Washington, political and policy leaders are just waking up to the scope and scale of China’s efforts to interfere."Via Washington Post Opinions, Outlook, and PostEverything
The Sydney Morning Herald Mon, 12/18/2017 - 13:24

Pamela Anderson calls on Peter Dutton to investigate animal cruelty on Manus Island

There's never a dull day in Australian politics.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 08:26
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 03:22
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 02:59
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 00:42

Brandis off to London, sparking pre-Christmas Cabinet reshuffle

abc.net.au
Senator Brandarse to replace Alexander Downer as Australia's High Commissioner to the UK, as part of a broader pre-Christmas reshuffle of Malcolm Turnbull's cabinet to be detailed tomorrow.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 06:23

Nationals deputy Bridget McKenzie charged taxpayers to attend shooting awards

Another Coalition rorter with lame excuses.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 02:49
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 01:30

Labor puts scandal-prone MPs on notice - 9News

9news.com.au
Liberal hypocrisy in the crosshairs.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sat, 12/16/2017 - 09:49