Vilifying Bill Shorten only brings the Liberals' dirty laundry to mind | The New Daily

Malcolm Turnbull’s strategy to undermine Bill Shorten MP’s credibility is an ill-advised one. Each time the PM points the finger at his opponent, voters will simply think "your lot are just as bad", writes Paula Matthewson.

Diane Larsen
Diane Larsen 2 months ago

When you disparage an opponent in the manner Turnbull is using it only makes you look desperate certainly not a good look for a weak prime minister

Brian Gurney
Brian Gurney 2 months ago

If the Liberals oppose secrecy, why doesn't Turnbull prove it by releasing details of their deal with Barnaby and the Nationals so is citizens know what the PM is beholden to?

Evan Harris
Evan Harris 2 months ago

Also, all the LNP seem to do is blame everyone else (and he's a major culprit)... even when it's 100% their fault and no hint of anyone else to blame.... people are tired of him trying to shift blame instead of owning his own failures and mistakes.

Lynne Gallagher
Lynne Gallagher 2 months ago

The way this PM & his govt treat Bill Shorten in QT is disgusting. The Speaker should not allow this to happen. They ( the Govt) need to grow up & stop
referring back to issues from 10 yrs or so ago again & again shows their inability to govern properly.

Craig Potts
Craig Potts 2 months ago

What a joke that is, !! turnbull has no creability what so ever , him and sinodinos are the 2 biggest political crooks in this country .kerry packer even threatened to have him clipped years ago.he has money laundered in the caymans in his wifes name , he tried to donate millions to his own party, and is currenty under investigation for a 12 million dollar bribery scam.turnbull is a grub .

Peter Williams
Peter Williams 2 months ago

DESPERATE Measures from a desperate moron, face it turnbull the people just dont like a liar, a cheat, who dictates instead of governing fairly..what have you done for aust...ZERO..JUST promoted poverty..

Geoffrey Sekfy
Geoffrey Sekfy 2 months ago

I don't see Shorten looking behind constantly. From what I can see the Labor Party is a party of unity, having learned a valuable lesson not too long ago.
On the other hand the Coalition has learned very little in the last four years. 👺💩☠️
Toxic Tony in the background digging away, making a grave for the entire Coalition.

Bill Stewart
Bill Stewart 2 months ago

Joice, Dutton, Abbott, Turnbull, the worst in Australian political history. Name one promise they haven't broken, except the deals they have done with big business, one white nation and independents

Bilka Joy Prasad
Bilka Joy Prasad 2 months ago

How about Turnbullshit you take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else.When things get hot you are using Bill Shorten or Trump to divert attention from your failures and weaknesses

Irene Chase
Irene Chase 2 months ago

Nah! Every time they say ALP I think ... they, the LNP, are worse. Murdoch doesn't call out the lnp for the Lying Nasty Parasites they are, that too is disgusting. That 30 mil to Murdoch is wrong! Bring on the ALP! So over lnp.

nzherald.co.nz Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:48

Jacinda Ardern talks tough on fair access for Kiwis in Australia

nzherald.co.nz
NZ PM in waiting says if Australia restricts Kiwis from university, she may do the same.
Global Citizen Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:44

This European Country Will Fine Men for Harassing Women in Public

www.globalcitizen.org
Hey catcalling. Bye bye forever.
Daily Mail Australia Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:39

Claims Karl Stefanovic wouldn't have agreed to a pay cut for Lisa Wilkinson

dailymail.co.uk
'As their partnership was always strictly professional'
cricket.com.au Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:33

Warner regretful over Ashes comments

David Warner has addressed the comments that caused a stir last weekend.
The Sydney Morning Herald Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:10

Witness in a sex abuse case was paid to remain silent

For the wealthy Exclusive Brethren church, leaving it to the courts and to prayer was not enough. They also talked with their wallets. They resorted to bribery.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 10/22/2017 - 04:03

Behind closed doors at the energy briefing: a rocky start to Turnbull's energy pitch

Another Turnbull fizza. Can this mob get anything right?
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 23:16
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 12:17

Nats won’t be court out over Barnaby

Baa Baa Barnaby is making preparations for his much anticipated and expected removal from parliament and with good cause too.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 04:00

“Shocking” “disturbing”: Australian Government slammed for its cruelty to refugees at UN hearing

hrlc.org.au
The strong rebuke comes just two days after Australia was handed a seat on the UN Human Rights Council and just one day after the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) delivered an extraordinary statement warning of an “imminent humanitarian crisis” and a "looming humanitarian emergency" on Manus Island.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 21:10
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 12:08
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 08:35

Household savings figures in Turnbull's energy policy look rubbery

theconversation.com
Even as Turnbull unveiled the policy, the rubbery nature of the household savings became apparent, writes Michelle Grattan.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 03:28
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:00

Australia’s “chronic non-compliance” “completely off the charts” says UN

hrlc.org.au
The Liberals are dragging Australia backwards.