Most people in Tony Abbott's electorate back marriage equality, poll shows

Most people in Tony Abbott's electorate back marriage equality, poll shows

Most people in Tony Abbott's electorate back marriage equality, poll shows
Why did Tony Abbott say he would vote NO when most of his electorate says YES? The whole point of his sneaky plan for a public vote was to hear from the people so why is he igoring them?

Tony Southgate-Lewin
Tony Southgate-Lewin 2 months ago

If he votes no,
When his electorate says yes
Hopefully their memory will remember long enough that they'll say no to him next election & well be rid of Abbott forever

Marilyn Raven
Marilyn Raven 2 months ago

I am sure Tony doesn't give a rats about what his electorate think this is all about him and sinking Turnbull, good I hope he sinks the liberal party.

Robert B. Glennie
Robert B. Glennie 2 months ago

I cannot believe the tortuous convoluted path this is taking. The Marriage (Definition of Marriage)Amendment Bill went through the New Zealand Parliament much faster than this. It had support from both sides.

Stephen Gill
Stephen Gill 2 months ago

Abbott has only ever represented his own interests...maybe the voters in Warringah will get the message this time around and send Abbott on a long holiday...

Tuomo Soini
Tuomo Soini 2 months ago

Scenario 1)
The No vote "wins". Turncoat is ousted and replaced with Dutton. The libs lose even more seats in the next election. Labor form government and legislate marriage equality within 100 days. The electoral rout the libs face leaves them in the political wilderness for a long time.

Scenario 2)...

Keith Warren
Keith Warren 2 months ago

My take in the matter is two fold. Criticize me but just asking.
1 He does not represent his electorate. He represents the Liberal Party solely.
2 its a family matter. His sister is Gay and she wants to marry the person in her life. Either emotionally or mentally challenged, he will never allow it if he can. Simple.
He is an old fashioned, dogmatic and unthinking Christian.

Noel Mack
Noel Mack 2 months ago

It's how you try and manipulate a vote prolong the change an absolute grub he has done a lot of damage to Australia and now his grub mate Howard is joining him was different when he had the numbers to change the law A vote in Parliament then

Warren Thornton
Warren Thornton 2 months ago

Its his choice just the same as every one else they can either vote yes or no pretty simple really why should he vot yes because every one els is just shows he is not a sheep .

Luise Cawthorne
Luise Cawthorne 2 months ago

Because he has no real concern for anyone except himself. Still the festering pus filled boil on the bum of the Libs, no-one is exempt from his battering-ram like desire for revenge. On all fronts, Commando Antoninus will give us a missile defence shield!

Mike Stubbs-Mills
Mike Stubbs-Mills 2 months ago

This is the true face of modern politicians unfortunately.
The majority if not close to all of them form all sides of politics are in the game for themselves.
The days of a politician keenly listening to what their constituents want are put to the side for self views and self promotion and future benefits for themselves.

nzherald.co.nz Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:48

Jacinda Ardern talks tough on fair access for Kiwis in Australia

nzherald.co.nz
NZ PM in waiting says if Australia restricts Kiwis from university, she may do the same.
Global Citizen Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:44

This European Country Will Fine Men for Harassing Women in Public

www.globalcitizen.org
Hey catcalling. Bye bye forever.
Daily Mail Australia Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:39

Claims Karl Stefanovic wouldn't have agreed to a pay cut for Lisa Wilkinson

dailymail.co.uk
'As their partnership was always strictly professional'
cricket.com.au Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:33

Warner regretful over Ashes comments

David Warner has addressed the comments that caused a stir last weekend.
The Sydney Morning Herald Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:10

Witness in a sex abuse case was paid to remain silent

For the wealthy Exclusive Brethren church, leaving it to the courts and to prayer was not enough. They also talked with their wallets. They resorted to bribery.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 10/22/2017 - 04:03

Behind closed doors at the energy briefing: a rocky start to Turnbull's energy pitch

Another Turnbull fizza. Can this mob get anything right?
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 23:16
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 12:17

Nats won’t be court out over Barnaby

Baa Baa Barnaby is making preparations for his much anticipated and expected removal from parliament and with good cause too.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 04:00

“Shocking” “disturbing”: Australian Government slammed for its cruelty to refugees at UN hearing

hrlc.org.au
The strong rebuke comes just two days after Australia was handed a seat on the UN Human Rights Council and just one day after the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) delivered an extraordinary statement warning of an “imminent humanitarian crisis” and a "looming humanitarian emergency" on Manus Island.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 21:10
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 12:08
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 08:35

Household savings figures in Turnbull's energy policy look rubbery

theconversation.com
Even as Turnbull unveiled the policy, the rubbery nature of the household savings became apparent, writes Michelle Grattan.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 03:28
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:00

Australia’s “chronic non-compliance” “completely off the charts” says UN

hrlc.org.au
The Liberals are dragging Australia backwards.