Politicians' silence is as telling as their outbursts

Politicians' silence is as telling as their outbursts

Politicians' silence is as telling as their outbursts
We can learn just as much about the values of our government from its silence as we can from its selective outrage, writes Ebony Bennett.

Mat Morrison
Mat Morrison 4 months ago

Send that obnoxious cunt back to Belgium, and his Terminator accent. He can go rip off Belgian workers, oh no he'll have the EU breathing down his neck

Mike Yewdall
Mike Yewdall 4 months ago

Something about love and equality apparently requires a national opinion poll while something about war, death, destruction simply requires the P.M.'s say so...Very odd that!!

June de Ron
June de Ron 4 months ago

Reject the rubbish about Religious reasons for not voting yes!! VOTE YES and show them we are not hoodwinked by their attempt at treating us as imbeciles. I think Mattias Cormann has a soft side he does not want us to see. He was very emotional when Penny made her speech about her fears for her children and all the other affected little children who are going to be exposed to hatred and bullying. Cormann I suspect is not being true to himself Vote YES

Leon Isaacs
Leon Isaacs 4 months ago

corman was so uncomfortable and embarrassed having to sit opposite penny Wong it is clear that like so many front benchers they are allowing this farce to continue just to hold their positions. the next time a lib says that the party is a broad church someone should demand a definition and then offer them a soapy mouth scrubbing

Gillian Jamieson
Gillian Jamieson 4 months ago

I really think the lnp has got itself into a position that it can't get out of. Driven by the extreme ideals of the hard right and always being n the back foot where Tony is concerned they've driven themselves into a corner. It's common knowledge that Malcolm the person thinks we need a carbon trading scheme, that we should be a republic and that people of the same sex should have the right to marry anyone the want, just like the rest of us. Yet his party has forced him to backtrack on every one of those ideals. What price leadership? I think he's 'done' a Mephistopheles and sold his soul to the devil. No point in saying. RIP there - he's condemned it to eternal hellfire

Global Citizen Mon, 12/18/2017 - 14:07
Wales Rugby Online Mon, 12/18/2017 - 14:01

Northampton Saints to approach Wales coach Warren Gatland

walesonline.co.uk
It looks like he's about to be offered the chance to walk away from the Wales job now.
Washington Post Mon, 12/18/2017 - 13:45

Opinion | How China got a U.S. senator to do its political bidding

washingtonpost.com
"In Washington, political and policy leaders are just waking up to the scope and scale of China’s efforts to interfere."Via Washington Post Opinions, Outlook, and PostEverything
The Sydney Morning Herald Mon, 12/18/2017 - 13:24

Pamela Anderson calls on Peter Dutton to investigate animal cruelty on Manus Island

There's never a dull day in Australian politics.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 08:26
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 03:22
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 02:59
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 00:42

Brandis off to London, sparking pre-Christmas Cabinet reshuffle

abc.net.au
Senator Brandarse to replace Alexander Downer as Australia's High Commissioner to the UK, as part of a broader pre-Christmas reshuffle of Malcolm Turnbull's cabinet to be detailed tomorrow.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 06:23

Nationals deputy Bridget McKenzie charged taxpayers to attend shooting awards

Another Coalition rorter with lame excuses.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 02:49
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 01:30

Labor puts scandal-prone MPs on notice - 9News

9news.com.au
Liberal hypocrisy in the crosshairs.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sat, 12/16/2017 - 09:49