Politicians' silence is as telling as their outbursts

Politicians' silence is as telling as their outbursts

Politicians' silence is as telling as their outbursts
We can learn just as much about the values of our government from its silence as we can from its selective outrage, writes Ebony Bennett.

Mat Morrison
Mat Morrison 2 months ago

Send that obnoxious cunt back to Belgium, and his Terminator accent. He can go rip off Belgian workers, oh no he'll have the EU breathing down his neck

Mike Yewdall
Mike Yewdall 2 months ago

Something about love and equality apparently requires a national opinion poll while something about war, death, destruction simply requires the P.M.'s say so...Very odd that!!

June de Ron
June de Ron 2 months ago

Reject the rubbish about Religious reasons for not voting yes!! VOTE YES and show them we are not hoodwinked by their attempt at treating us as imbeciles. I think Mattias Cormann has a soft side he does not want us to see. He was very emotional when Penny made her speech about her fears for her children and all the other affected little children who are going to be exposed to hatred and bullying. Cormann I suspect is not being true to himself Vote YES

Leon Isaacs
Leon Isaacs 2 months ago

corman was so uncomfortable and embarrassed having to sit opposite penny Wong it is clear that like so many front benchers they are allowing this farce to continue just to hold their positions. the next time a lib says that the party is a broad church someone should demand a definition and then offer them a soapy mouth scrubbing

Gillian Jamieson
Gillian Jamieson 2 months ago

I really think the lnp has got itself into a position that it can't get out of. Driven by the extreme ideals of the hard right and always being n the back foot where Tony is concerned they've driven themselves into a corner. It's common knowledge that Malcolm the person thinks we need a carbon trading scheme, that we should be a republic and that people of the same sex should have the right to marry anyone the want, just like the rest of us. Yet his party has forced him to backtrack on every one of those ideals. What price leadership? I think he's 'done' a Mephistopheles and sold his soul to the devil. No point in saying. RIP there - he's condemned it to eternal hellfire

nzherald.co.nz Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:48

Jacinda Ardern talks tough on fair access for Kiwis in Australia

nzherald.co.nz
NZ PM in waiting says if Australia restricts Kiwis from university, she may do the same.
Global Citizen Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:44

This European Country Will Fine Men for Harassing Women in Public

www.globalcitizen.org
Hey catcalling. Bye bye forever.
Daily Mail Australia Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:39

Claims Karl Stefanovic wouldn't have agreed to a pay cut for Lisa Wilkinson

dailymail.co.uk
'As their partnership was always strictly professional'
cricket.com.au Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:33

Warner regretful over Ashes comments

David Warner has addressed the comments that caused a stir last weekend.
The Sydney Morning Herald Sun, 10/22/2017 - 07:10

Witness in a sex abuse case was paid to remain silent

For the wealthy Exclusive Brethren church, leaving it to the courts and to prayer was not enough. They also talked with their wallets. They resorted to bribery.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 10/22/2017 - 04:03

Behind closed doors at the energy briefing: a rocky start to Turnbull's energy pitch

Another Turnbull fizza. Can this mob get anything right?
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 23:16
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 12:17

Nats won’t be court out over Barnaby

Baa Baa Barnaby is making preparations for his much anticipated and expected removal from parliament and with good cause too.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Fri, 10/20/2017 - 04:00

“Shocking” “disturbing”: Australian Government slammed for its cruelty to refugees at UN hearing

hrlc.org.au
The strong rebuke comes just two days after Australia was handed a seat on the UN Human Rights Council and just one day after the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) delivered an extraordinary statement warning of an “imminent humanitarian crisis” and a "looming humanitarian emergency" on Manus Island.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 21:10
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 12:08
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 08:35

Household savings figures in Turnbull's energy policy look rubbery

theconversation.com
Even as Turnbull unveiled the policy, the rubbery nature of the household savings became apparent, writes Michelle Grattan.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 03:28
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:00

Australia’s “chronic non-compliance” “completely off the charts” says UN

hrlc.org.au
The Liberals are dragging Australia backwards.