Alan Finkel urges Turnbull to adopt clean energy target before states act

Alan Finkel urges Turnbull to adopt clean energy target before states act

Alan Finkel urges Turnbull to adopt clean energy target before states act
Finkel, Australia’s chief scientist, said that a failure to establish a clean energy target would create more uncertainty for investors, who would have to navigate various state policies, writes Calla Wahlquist.

Russell Green
Russell Green 2 months ago

I'm sorry Alan you got into bed with the LNP and then you gave them options. You should have said that the CET should be 100% renewable by 2030 and that 75% should be by 2025. The planet as we know it won't survive anything less. We are probably looking at the Paris Targets in the Rear View Mirror!

Steve Lumley
Steve Lumley 2 months ago

This government has no intention of adopting science as fact nor the capacity to implement a coherent scheme. You'll have to wait for an election for action and it will be a massive task coming from so far behind.

Jared James
Jared James 2 months ago

Good luck to the Liberal or National parties implementing anything that would be forward thinking and good for the nation! This government has robbed it's citizens. Can't wait till next election!!

Lynn Lord
Lynn Lord 2 months ago

Turnbull's answer will be "in, ah we may but we need to have an inquiry to um ah, see if we need to firm a committee to advise".

Keith Williams
Keith Williams 2 months ago

The pollies in the LNP think they know better than Finkel, understand the science better than Finkel, can think better than Finkel ... and can't change ... after all they would stop getting their pockets stuffed by Adani and all of the other coal miners if they actually worked for Australia.

The Sydney Morning Herald Mon, 12/18/2017 - 04:53

Revealed: Taxpayers foot $11.6 million bill for Parliament's citizenship fiasco

The cost for failing to read the fine print? A cool $11.6 million.
The Sydney Morning Herald Mon, 12/18/2017 - 04:53

'It beggars belief': One in ten Australians' private health records unwittingly exposed

Seven prominent Australians including three MPs and an AFL footballer have already been exposed by the embarrassing blunder.
The Age Mon, 12/18/2017 - 04:49

Taxpayers foot $11.6m bill for citizenship fiasco

REVEALED: Taxpayers will fork out $11.6 million in the 2017-18 financial year for legal costs arising from the saga.
Mum's Grapevine Mon, 12/18/2017 - 04:08

Why babies don't sleep through the night | Mum's Grapevine

mumsgrapevine.com.au
Question from the lovely Kim:I'm trying to get my 7 and a half month old out of her love to dream swaddle, I've taken the arm sleeves off to start with, when she goes down for her nap she will sleep for about an hour, then will cry from anywhere...
news.com.au Mon, 12/18/2017 - 04:03

Aussies' private health records leaked

news.com.au
BREAKING: Confidential data on around 2.5 million Australian patients has been revealed in a massive information leak.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 03:22
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 02:59
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 12/18/2017 - 00:42

Brandis off to London, sparking pre-Christmas Cabinet reshuffle

abc.net.au
Senator Brandarse to replace Alexander Downer as Australia's High Commissioner to the UK, as part of a broader pre-Christmas reshuffle of Malcolm Turnbull's cabinet to be detailed tomorrow.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 06:23

Nationals deputy Bridget McKenzie charged taxpayers to attend shooting awards

Another Coalition rorter with lame excuses.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 02:49
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sun, 12/17/2017 - 01:30

Labor puts scandal-prone MPs on notice - 9News

9news.com.au
Liberal hypocrisy in the crosshairs.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sat, 12/16/2017 - 09:49
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Sat, 12/16/2017 - 03:09
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 12/14/2017 - 09:13

Liberal Party backers were approached to buy Senator Arthur Sinodinos a home

"The Cabinet Secretary has no comment."