Alan Finkel urges Turnbull to adopt clean energy target before states act

Alan Finkel urges Turnbull to adopt clean energy target before states act

Alan Finkel urges Turnbull to adopt clean energy target before states act
Finkel, Australia’s chief scientist, said that a failure to establish a clean energy target would create more uncertainty for investors, who would have to navigate various state policies, writes Calla Wahlquist.

Russell Green
Russell Green 4 weeks ago

I'm sorry Alan you got into bed with the LNP and then you gave them options. You should have said that the CET should be 100% renewable by 2030 and that 75% should be by 2025. The planet as we know it won't survive anything less. We are probably looking at the Paris Targets in the Rear View Mirror!

Steve Lumley
Steve Lumley 4 weeks ago

This government has no intention of adopting science as fact nor the capacity to implement a coherent scheme. You'll have to wait for an election for action and it will be a massive task coming from so far behind.

Jared James
Jared James 4 weeks ago

Good luck to the Liberal or National parties implementing anything that would be forward thinking and good for the nation! This government has robbed it's citizens. Can't wait till next election!!

Lynn Lord
Lynn Lord 4 weeks ago

Turnbull's answer will be "in, ah we may but we need to have an inquiry to um ah, see if we need to firm a committee to advise".

Keith Williams
Keith Williams 4 weeks ago

The pollies in the LNP think they know better than Finkel, understand the science better than Finkel, can think better than Finkel ... and can't change ... after all they would stop getting their pockets stuffed by Adani and all of the other coal miners if they actually worked for Australia.

The Straits Times Thu, 10/19/2017 - 03:20

Philippines arrest top female ISIS recruiter, ex-wife of radicalised Singaporean

straitstimes.com
Karen Aizha Hamidon was the former wife of Singaporean Muhammad Shamin Mohamed Sidek, a security guard who had plans to join ISIS.
Equal Marriage Rights Australia Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:47

Lyle Shelton says the No campaign won’t take ‘yes’ for an answer

starobserver.com.au
Well no surprise here, they called for this plebiscite yet won't respect the outcome.
Kidspot Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:46

Hospital told pregnant mum in severe pain to 'drink Coke or eat a Mars Bar'

kidspot.com.au
The devastated mum, who had a stillbirth, said she was “heartbroken” to think her baby “would be alive today if the hospital had taken my concerns seriously."
Mouths of Mums Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:45

The natural birth position that could reduce the need for any interventions - Mouths of Mums

mouthsofmums.com.au
The unusual birth position experts believe will reduce the need for interventions like forceps or a C-section.What position did you find most comfy during birth?
Tanya Plibersek Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:45

EXCLUSIVE: Tanya Plibersek on why we have to close the gender pay gap

cosmopolitan.com.au
This week Lisa Wilkinson courageously took a stand for equal pay for equal work. But the truth of the situation is that most women don’t have the power and privilege to be able to walk away from an employer who is discriminating against them. The gender pay gap won’t fix...
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 02:00

Australia’s “chronic non-compliance” “completely off the charts” says UN

hrlc.org.au
The Liberals are dragging Australia backwards.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Thu, 10/19/2017 - 01:30

Migrants no longer in limbo as citizenship changes killed off by Senate

Senate axes another dumb Liberal idea 🙂
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Wed, 10/18/2017 - 23:29

Turnbull's energy plan leaves poorer households in 'death spiral'

That'd be right. Bloody Liberals!
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Wed, 10/18/2017 - 20:08

Joyce furious at Hanson favours

couriermail.com.au
Liberals are always in the business, playing the game of the faux extremist for career ends be it One Nation or Mathias CormannCormann none the less the less the suffering of Barnaby relentlessly swamps him.http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/barnaby-joyce-warns-pm-tha...
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Wed, 10/18/2017 - 00:58

'Concerning' rise in NBN complaints: Ombudsman

Malcolm Turnbull’s Mess.
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Tue, 10/17/2017 - 12:22

Energy bill price savings questioned

news.com.au
Another Turnbull fizzer..
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Tue, 10/17/2017 - 07:03

'Professor Tony Abbott chief scientist': Andrews taunts Turnbull on energy plan

"The fact that Malcolm Turnbull's prepared to let Tony Abbott junk Australia's Chief Scientist Alan Finkel's work, it's unspeakable, it's appalling."
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Tue, 10/17/2017 - 03:22

Energy Policy: Australia To Be Entirely Powered By Tony Abbott’s Bullsh*t By 2020 – The Shovel

theshovel.com.au
“Just when you think we’re almost out of bullshit, we discover huge new reserves. It’s a renewable resource".
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Tue, 10/17/2017 - 02:00

Clean Energy: Turnbull turns his back on renewables

“Remember Malcolm Turnbull appointed the Chief Scientist, asked him for a report said his proposal was the right one and now after Tony Abbott makes a speech about sacrificing goats in London, Turnbull is running away from that at 100 miles an hour. The transformation from Malcolm Turnbull to Tony...
Don't blame me I didn't vote Liberal Mon, 10/16/2017 - 22:35

Abbott and other snipers aim at Turnbull's back and legs

Tony Abbott is stalking Malcolm Turnbull, and shows every evidence he is more intent on taking him out, politically, than in himself regaining power. Many of his bullets miss the target but, if he keeps firing, any old one may do the job, writes Jack Waterford.